Sustainable Design and Leadership Surveys, 2015
Since the first Design Futures Council Leadership Summit on Sustainable Design 15 years ago, the DFC has gathered information, statistics, and success stories on sustainable design. We have come to understand better the challenges, scenarios, and models requiring leadership ingenuity.
Our 2015 Sustainable Design Survey of A/E/C leaders is our biggest and best ever, tabulating the activities and opinions of the most successful design firms:
- The individuals, firms, and suppliers they most admire as sustainability role models
- The factors that are helping – and hindering – their firm’s ability to achieve higher levels of building performance
- The cost difference to design, construct, and operates green buildings
- The professional organizations they think are best deploying resources for sustainability
- How sustainable design certification is encouraged in their firm
- The type of training they give employees about green design issues
- Satisfaction with their own firm's progress toward green design
- How much of their work is environmentally responsible
- Historical comparisons with past years' data
- And much more!
Two years ago we introduced the first ever DesignIntelligence Leadership Survey. These individuals were chosen to receive the survey based on their positions of leadership within firms that exemplify best practice.
Also in this issue are in-depth articles from some of the most respected figures in architecture and design:
100 pages, full color - July/August 2015