ProCache provides the ultimate performance for your website by completely bypassing PHP and MySQL and enabling your web server to deliver pages of your ProcessWire site as if they were static HTML files.
The performance benefits are major and visible. Using ApacheBench with the homepage of the Skyscrapers site profile, we completed 500 requests (10 concurrent) to the homepage. The amount of time occupied to complete each of these was as follows:
- 29 seconds: no cache enabled (details)
- 6 seconds: built-in cache enabled (details)
- 0.017 seconds: ProCache enabled (details)
As you can see, the performance benefits are huge. ProCache gives you the ability to drastically reduce server resources and exponentially increase the amount of traffic your server can handle. This is especially useful for traffic spikes.
Beyond measurements, ProCache makes your website feel faster to users, respond faster to search spiders (which can help with SEO), and helps to conserve server resources for requests that actually need PHP and MySQL.
ProcessWire is already very fast, and not everybody necessarily needs what ProCache delivers. But regardless of whether you need it or not, there is little doubt that you can benefit greatly from ProCache.
For an example of ProCache in action, visit processwire.com or the skyscrapers site. Look in the lower right corner of the page (in the footer). If it says "ProCache", it means the page was delivered via ProCache. We did this for demonstration purposes. ProCache does not put anything in your markup unless you tell it to.
Try it for a week. If you aren't in love with what it does, simply let us know and we'll refund your money in full.
- ProcessWire 2.2.9 or newer
- Apache web server or 100% compatible
- Single: may be used on 1 website: $39 $29 introductory price
- Professional: may be used on 3 different websites: $75 $59 introductory price
- Developer: may be used on as many new sites as you [an individual developer] create over the period of 1 year: $109 $89 introductory price
- Agency/firm: may be used on as many websites as your agency/firm creates for a period of 1 year: $219 $189 introductory price
You may pay by VISA, Mastercard or American Express through the DesignIntelligence bookstore (where you are now). You may also use PayPal by contacting Ryan directly.
Your transaction will be processed instantly and you'll receive a software download link. Shortly after that, you will receive an e-mail with your license key. If you do not receive your license key within 15 minutes, check your spam box. If you still can't find it, contact me and I'll email it to you directly.
If you purchase a copy of ProCache and find it doesn't meet your needs and you won't be able to use it, you may get a full refund within 7 days of your purchase. Please contact Ryan for a refund (rather than DesignIntelligence).