Sustainable Design and Leadership Survey, 2013
Since the first Design Futures Council Leadership Summit on Sustainable Design 12 years ago, the DFC has gathered information, statistics, and success stories on sustainable design. We have come to understand better the challenges, scenarios, and models requiring leadership ingenuity.
Our 2013 Sustainable Design Survey of A/E/C leaders is our biggest and best ever, tabulating the activities and opinions of the most successful design firms:
- The individuals, firms, and suppliers they most admire as sustainability role models
- The factors that are helping – and hindering – their firm’s ability to achieve higher levels of building performance
- The cost difference to design, construct, and operates green buildings
- The professional organizations they think are best deploying resources for sustainability
- How sustainable design certification is encouraged in their firm
- The type of training they give employees about green design issues
- Satisfaction with their own firm's progress toward green design
- How much of their work is environmentally responsible
- Historical comparisons with past years' data
- And much more!
This year we are also introducing the first ever DesignIntelligence Leadership Survey. 122 senior decision-makers in North American architecture and design firms were surveyed. These individuals were chosen to receive the survey based on their positions of leadership within firms that exemplify best practice.
Also in this issue are in-depth articles from some of the most respected figures in architecture and design:Leadership, the Environment, and a New Twist: Profit Power
New tools and tech to aid your leadership in today's professional practices.
Dare We Call it Thought Leadership?
New research dissects the relevant but divisive term.
One firm's response to a natural disaster offers valuable insights.
Superstorm Sandy: Lessons Learned
Unexpected lessons from the epic storm.
Developing and supporting leadership at a leading global firm.
Sustainable Design: Points or Performance?
The stage has been set for a new kind of design professional.
A World of Trillions
Adapted from Trillions:Thriving the Emerging Information Ecology
72 pages, July/August 2013